Applications for Assistance

Regimental Associations

All applications for Assistance need to contact your nearest SSAFA Forces Help Branch/Division. To find your nearest Branch ether call 0800 731 4880 or visit the SSAFA website.

When you have contacted SSAFA they will allocate a case worker who will arrange a house visit to establish the facts. Once the facts have been established and the caseworker has formalised the case. This information will then be electronically submitted to the Regimental Secretary for consideration by Committee/trustees of either The Life Guards Association or The Blues and Royals Association.

Once the case has been considered the decision will be referred back to the relevant SSAFA Forces Help Branch who will be advised what amount has been awarded and how the grant is to be used. Grants will not be paid directly to the applicant.

SSAFA Website
Signposting Support and Useful Links
For the most in-depth library of resources please sign into the Household Cavalry Connect mobile app or web-app through this website.

The Support Suite in the app has over 650 carefully selected support videos and 260 support organisations that you can search by region, service type and support category.

Here's a video showing you how to use the Support Suite from within the mobile app.
0800 731  4880
Providing practical support to service men and women, veterans and the  families of both.
Go to Site
0208 548  7088
Assisting former servicemen and women who have lost limbs for the duration  of their lives.
Go to Site
0800 138 1619
Assisting former servicemen and women with mental health issues.
Go to Site
0207 881  5200
Providing accommodation for former servicemen and women in the heart of  London.
Go to Site
0207  385 2110
STOLL provides safe quality housing and access to services that enable  vulnerable and disabled former servicemen and women in need of support to  live fulfilling independent lives.
Go to Site
0808 802  8080
Helping all serving members and ex serving men and women and their carers  and families.

Go to Site
0808 191  4218
Provides advice on Pensions, Armed Forces Compensation Scheme, Armed Forces  Pensions, Medal Applications, how to get service records and the Veterans  badge.
Go to Site
0808 802  1212
We put veterans and their families in touch with the organisations best  placed to help with the information, advice and support they need.
Go to Site